Monday, July 20, 2009

Chris Brown Apologizes for Rihanna Assault

In a two-minute video, that surfaced online Monday, R&B star Chris Brown has publicly apologized for the first time about the domestic dispute he had with ex-girlfriend Rihanna earlier this year.

In the clip, Brown, spoke directly to the camera and apologized to Rihanna and his fans.

"I am very sad and very ashamed of what I've done. My mother and my spiritual teachers taught me way better than that," Brown said. "I've told Rihanna countless times and I'm telling you today, that I'm truly, truly sorry that I wasn't able to handle the situation both differently and better."

Brown pleaded guilty in June to felony assault on Rihanna, after he brutally beat the Barbadian beauty after a Grammy party in February. Court papers allege Brown slammed Rihanna's head against the window of a car before repeatedly punching and biting her.

Under a plea deal, Brown does not have to serve time behind bars.

In the video, Brown said he wanted to speak out when he was arrested in February, but his lawyer advised him not to do so. He also made mention that he grew up in a house plaguedwith domestic violence and has been seeking counseling in order to help him cope with troubles in his life.

[via: STEPHANIE BARISH | wpix.com]



No comments:

Post a Comment